This is the story of the first ascent of an 8000 meter peak in 1953 – a very gripping account of the battle to summit, and descend and survive. We are also going to have some rarely seen movies from the ascent and other ephemera to look at.
The library has copies available for check out if you need one!
- Bowman, W.E., The Ascent of the Rum Doodle
- Roberts, David, True Summit: What Really Happened on the Legendary Ascent of Annapurna
- Terray, Lionel, Conquistadors of the Useless
- Rebuffat, Gaston, Starlight and Storm
* Source : – The Blog of The American Alpine Club Library
** Previous story : – Books.
** zapraszam na relacje z wypraw polskich himalaistów.
zapraszam do subskrypcji mego bloga
Filed under: books, Climbers, Expedition, Himalayas | Tagged: AAC Book Club, adventure, American Alpine Club, Annapurna, books, Climbers, climbing, discussing, Expedition, Library, Maurice Herzog, Mountain, mountaineering, Travel |