As some of you might have heard, the AAC’s book club has plans for global domination. In response to your requests for more local activities, we are hoping to launch book clubs in each AAC Section that wants one, possibly by winter!
All we need is you. Each book club needs a leader who is willing to find a place and time to meet, help the group pick the book they want to discuss, and then show up to help keep the conversation on track. Encouraging beer and special guests would be an added bonus.
The Library will help you by providing a suggested reading list, making sure we’ve got copies of those books available for checkout, and, when possible, working to get discounts, special guests or other interesting related events.
Contact Beth Heller to see how you can help get it going! library[@]americanalpineclub[dot]org
We already have a book club going in Golden, so those of you on the Front Range, come on in on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
Books for this fall in Golden are:
- September 13: Freddie Wilkinson will do a slideshow and booksigning for One Mountain, Thousand Summits at 6pm
- September 14: Book Club meets at 6:30 to discuss Mountain Madness, by Robert Birkby. This is the autobiography of Scott Fisher
- October 12: Discussion of One Mountain, Thousand Summits (hopefully everyone will get a chance to meet Freddie in September)
- November 9: Brotherhood of the Rope Bernadette McDonald Biography of Charles Houston (see K2, The Savage Mountain)
* Source : – The Blog of The American Alpine Club Library
* Related Links : – Books.
* Previous story :
* Polish Himalayas – Become a Fan
** zapraszam na relacje z wypraw polskich himalaistów.
zapraszam do subskrypcji mego bloga
Filed under: books, Climbers, Events, Expedition, Himalayas | Tagged: AAC Book Club, AAC Events, adventure, American Alpine Club, books, Climbers, climbing, discussing, Expedition, Library, library book sale, mountaineering, Travel |