Author : Kraig Becker.
The bi-annual Outdoor Retailer show has kicked off in Salt Lake City today with gear companies descending on the town to give us a glimpse of their upcoming product lines. The four day event gives the manufacturers an opportunity to show off what they have in the pipe-line for later in the year, when the new gear will make its way onto store shelves while outdoor enthusiasts gobble up the latest and greatest innovations.
The Gear Junkie posted a “teaser” for the show a few days back, letting us take an early look at what some of the companies will unveil while in SLC. Some of the equipment that earned a spot on the sneak peek list included an ultra-small headlamp from a company called Light & Motion, a new climber’s knife from Wenger that is endorsed by Ueli Steck himself, and new offerings to the Vibram FiveFingers line of barefoot running shoes.
Of course, there will be plenty more to show as well and over the course of the next week or so, we’ll probably be inundated with press releases and gear previews that will not only test your patience while you wait for their release, but may send you out in search of a second job to help pay for all the gear you’ll want to buy. If you’re a gear hound like me, it’s like Christmas came a month later. Well, at least the Christmas wishbook came a month later.
I’ll be sure to post any interesting items that come out of the show, but expect plenty of incremental updates on backpacks, clothing, shoes, and so on as well. Either way, it’s always fun to see what’s coming.
* Source : – http://theadventureblog.blogspot.com/
* Related Links : – Equipment
– Hanesbrands Reveals Super Suit Performance.
– Yet More On The Haines Everest Supersuit.
– Alan Arnette Explains The Champion Everest Supersuit.
– Champion Supersuit Unveiled!
– Hanesbrands’ Super Suit: More Perks, Less Puff Than a Puffy Coat.
– Everest — Gear For The Expedition.
** Previous story :
– Teen Ager Sets Eyes On Everest, Youngest Seven Summits Mark.
– 7 Summits Climb For Alzheimer’s: Alan’s Off To Aconcagua.
– How important are Sherpa’s on Mount Everest?
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #2 and #1.
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #4 and #3.
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #5-#8.
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #10 and #9 Revealed.
– Polish winter expedition to Broad Peak 2010/11 – Sponsorship offer.
– Gasherbrum II Winter Expedition 2010/2011.
– Merry Christmas Wishes 2010.
– AAC Book Club: Winter Book Club Dates in Golden.
– VIII KFG – 8th Krakow Mountain Film Festival. VIII edycja Krakowskiego Festiwalu Górskiego. /Version english and polish/
– Hundreds Of Trekkers Stuck In Lukla – Nepal.
– Book Review: The Summit by Eric Alexander.
– First Pakistani Women on Winter Expedition In the Karakorum Pakistan.
– Polish winter expedition to Broad Peak 2010/11. Zimowa wyprawa PZA na Broad Peak 2010/11.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Season Finally Ends On Lhotse.
– Everest Climbing Legend Missing On Baruntse.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: More From Lhotse.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Lhotse Update!
– Everest 2011 season – Expeditions with any British Teams or Britons.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Shisha Pangma and Manaslu summit reports.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Solo Summit Bid On Lhotse.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Everest fall season summits and Cho Oyu too.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Eric Summits Everest, Completes Save The Poles Expedition!
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Eric Larsen In Camp 3, High Winds Predicted For Summit Day.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Eric Larsen Begins Summit Push On Everest.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Cho Oyu update, Pauner about Manaslu summit, Everest C4, Lama Geshe recovering.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Summits On Manaslu and Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Avalanche on Dhaulagiri – three Japanese climbers and one Sherpa missing.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Avalanche May End Season On Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Cho Oyu summit push take 2, Manaslu teams ready.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Summit plans buried in the snow.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Climbers Injured In Avalanche on Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Everest summit push plans, TMA team deserts Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Everest sieged from both flanks, Cho Oyu C2, Manaslu C1.
– Himalayan 2010 wrap-up: the season’s soaked kick-off.
– ExWeb special on Everest 2010: The autumn of the solo climbers.
* Related Links :
– Trekking in Nepal Himalaya : GOKYO, KALA PATTAR and EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK (19 days).
– Everest Base Camp – CLASSIC treks. / Version polish and english /
– Trekking in Nepal Himalaya : EVEREST HIGH VALLEY – Travel Guide. /Version english/
* Polish Himalayas – Become a Fan
Exweb Week-In-Review is sponsored by HumanEdgeTech the world’s premier supplier of expedition technology. Our team helps you find ultra light expedition tech that works globally.
e-mail or call +1 212 966 1928
* Read these stories – and more! – at ExplorersWeb.com
Filed under: Equipment, Expedition, gear, Travel Tagged: | gear, Outdoor Retailer, Travel