Author : Kraig Becker.
Yesterday I mentioned that the Outdoor Retailer Winter Market gear show was underway and that we could expect to see a host of reports from the event giving us a glimpse of the goodies we can expect in our favorite gear shops in the months ahead. True to form, we have a number of websites checking in today with the first look at a bunch of new stuff that we won’t actually be able to buy for months yet.
The Adventure Journal also has some great previews up for a bunch of gear from companies like Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, and Camelbak, to name a few. The theme for much of the new gear seems to center around stylish, but functional, gear that uses high tech fabrics and design to make our outdoor experiences all the better. That’s something we can all get behind I think.
First up, the Outside Blog has several reports posted from the show, including a look at the new super-lightweight snow cap from Outdoor Research that promises to be a down jacket for your head. As a fan of OR’s gear, I have to say that that one looks quite warm and comfy.
Next up, Trailspace.com is doing their usual great job of posting from the show floor as well, including a nice sneak peek at the line of outdoor shoes coming form Adidas. Now, I have to admit, when I heard the sneaker company was looking to get into outdoor shoes, I was quite skeptical, but looking at the products themselves, and there are a lot of them, I’m definitely intrigued. They certainly look nice. We’ll have to wait to see how they actually perform once they hit the store shelves. Check out the video below for an early look.
Finally, the Sierra Blogging Post is also in Salt Lake City for all the fun and festivities. They posted a nice Day One Trip Report with a variety of thoughts on the new offerings from several companies, including Adventure Medical Kits and Black Diamond Equipment.
Needless to say, it looks like there is plenty of good stuff in the pipeline once again. I haven’t seen anything that I can’t live without yet, but plenty of stuff I wouldn’t mind having. I’m a sucker for this stuff!
* Source : – http://theadventureblog.blogspot.com/
* Related Links : – Equipment
– Hanesbrands Reveals Super Suit Performance.
– Yet More On The Haines Everest Supersuit.
– Alan Arnette Explains The Champion Everest Supersuit.
– Champion Supersuit Unveiled!
– Hanesbrands’ Super Suit: More Perks, Less Puff Than a Puffy Coat.
– Everest — Gear For The Expedition.
** Previous story :
– Winter Outdoor Retailer Underway.
– Teen Ager Sets Eyes On Everest, Youngest Seven Summits Mark.
– 7 Summits Climb For Alzheimer’s: Alan’s Off To Aconcagua.
– How important are Sherpa’s on Mount Everest?
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #2 and #1.
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #4 and #3.
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #5-#8.
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #10 and #9 Revealed.
– Polish winter expedition to Broad Peak 2010/11 – Sponsorship offer.
– Gasherbrum II Winter Expedition 2010/2011.
– Merry Christmas Wishes 2010.
– AAC Book Club: Winter Book Club Dates in Golden.
– VIII KFG – 8th Krakow Mountain Film Festival. VIII edycja Krakowskiego Festiwalu Górskiego. /Version english and polish/
– Hundreds Of Trekkers Stuck In Lukla – Nepal.
– Book Review: The Summit by Eric Alexander.
– First Pakistani Women on Winter Expedition In the Karakorum Pakistan.
– Polish winter expedition to Broad Peak 2010/11. Zimowa wyprawa PZA na Broad Peak 2010/11.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Season Finally Ends On Lhotse.
– Everest Climbing Legend Missing On Baruntse.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: More From Lhotse.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Lhotse Update!
– Everest 2011 season – Expeditions with any British Teams or Britons.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Shisha Pangma and Manaslu summit reports.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Solo Summit Bid On Lhotse.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Everest fall season summits and Cho Oyu too.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Eric Summits Everest, Completes Save The Poles Expedition!
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Eric Larsen In Camp 3, High Winds Predicted For Summit Day.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Eric Larsen Begins Summit Push On Everest.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Cho Oyu update, Pauner about Manaslu summit, Everest C4, Lama Geshe recovering.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Summits On Manaslu and Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Avalanche on Dhaulagiri – three Japanese climbers and one Sherpa missing.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Avalanche May End Season On Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Cho Oyu summit push take 2, Manaslu teams ready.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Summit plans buried in the snow.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Climbers Injured In Avalanche on Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Everest summit push plans, TMA team deserts Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Everest sieged from both flanks, Cho Oyu C2, Manaslu C1.
– Himalayan 2010 wrap-up: the season’s soaked kick-off.
– ExWeb special on Everest 2010: The autumn of the solo climbers.
* Related Links :
– Trekking in Nepal Himalaya : GOKYO, KALA PATTAR and EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK (19 days).
– Everest Base Camp – CLASSIC treks. / Version polish and english /
– Trekking in Nepal Himalaya : EVEREST HIGH VALLEY – Travel Guide. /Version english/
* Polish Himalayas – Become a Fan
Exweb Week-In-Review is sponsored by HumanEdgeTech the world’s premier supplier of expedition technology. Our team helps you find ultra light expedition tech that works globally.
e-mail or call +1 212 966 1928
* Read these stories – and more! – at ExplorersWeb.com
Filed under: Equipment, Expedition, gear, Travel | Tagged: gear, Outdoor Retailer, Travel, video |