Author : Kraig Becker.
The Winter Outdoor Retailer show went down in Salt Lake City last week with gear manufacturers rolling out all kinds of new items to drool over. There were literally thousands of things to sift through and over the course of the coming months most of them will begin to find their way onto the shelves of our favorite gear stores and into our anxiously waiting hands. To get an idea of what we can expect, here are two list of the “best gear of the show.”
First, The Gear Junkie has Part 1 of his favorite gear from the show posted. He gives kudos to a new cold weather active jacket called the HyBridge Lite which comes to us courtesy of Canada Goose. This looks like a fantastic piece of gear that will arrive in time for next winter. GJ also liked the Speed Climbing knife, endorsed by none other than Ueli Steck himself, which will be making its way to stores from Wenger. GoLite’s new line of ultra-lightweight shoes alls gets a nod and looks like its going to be a real winner as well. Check out the article for the full list of gear items and stay tuned for Part 2 of the Gear Junkie’s picks a well.
Over at the Outside Blog, the Gear Girl, Stephanie Pearson, weighed in with her favorite items as well. She was especially fond of a new performance winter jacket from Patagonia, as well as tiny, but bright, new headlamp from Light and Motion. She also dug the new lightweight footwear offerings from Salomon and a great looking new women’s vest from Klymit.
Finally, check out this great new bike tool, which Gizmodo found interesting. It is super small and lightweight and comes our way from Pocket Tool. Looks like a great addition to the tool kit on my bike.
Remember, most of this stuff won’t be available for some time yet, so you can start saving now. Looks like even more refined gear in the works.
* Source : – http://theadventureblog.blogspot.com/
* Related Links : – Equipment
– Hanesbrands Reveals Super Suit Performance.
– Yet More On The Haines Everest Supersuit.
– Alan Arnette Explains The Champion Everest Supersuit.
– Champion Supersuit Unveiled!
– Hanesbrands’ Super Suit: More Perks, Less Puff Than a Puffy Coat.
– Everest — Gear For The Expedition.
** Previous story :
– OR Winter Market Reports Abound.
– Winter Outdoor Retailer Underway.
– Teen Ager Sets Eyes On Everest, Youngest Seven Summits Mark.
– 7 Summits Climb For Alzheimer’s: Alan’s Off To Aconcagua.
– How important are Sherpa’s on Mount Everest?
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #2 and #1.
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #4 and #3.
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #5-#8.
– Best Hike’s Top Ten Hiking Towns Worldwide: #10 and #9 Revealed.
– Polish winter expedition to Broad Peak 2010/11 – Sponsorship offer.
– Gasherbrum II Winter Expedition 2010/2011.
– Merry Christmas Wishes 2010.
– AAC Book Club: Winter Book Club Dates in Golden.
– VIII KFG – 8th Krakow Mountain Film Festival. VIII edycja Krakowskiego Festiwalu Górskiego. /Version english and polish/
– Hundreds Of Trekkers Stuck In Lukla – Nepal.
– Book Review: The Summit by Eric Alexander.
– First Pakistani Women on Winter Expedition In the Karakorum Pakistan.
– Polish winter expedition to Broad Peak 2010/11. Zimowa wyprawa PZA na Broad Peak 2010/11.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Season Finally Ends On Lhotse.
– Everest Climbing Legend Missing On Baruntse.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: More From Lhotse.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Lhotse Update!
– Everest 2011 season – Expeditions with any British Teams or Britons.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Shisha Pangma and Manaslu summit reports.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Solo Summit Bid On Lhotse.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Everest fall season summits and Cho Oyu too.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Eric Summits Everest, Completes Save The Poles Expedition!
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Eric Larsen In Camp 3, High Winds Predicted For Summit Day.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Eric Larsen Begins Summit Push On Everest.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Cho Oyu update, Pauner about Manaslu summit, Everest C4, Lama Geshe recovering.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Summits On Manaslu and Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Avalanche on Dhaulagiri – three Japanese climbers and one Sherpa missing.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Avalanche May End Season On Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Cho Oyu summit push take 2, Manaslu teams ready.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Summit plans buried in the snow.
– Himalaya Fall 2010: Climbers Injured In Avalanche on Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Everest summit push plans, TMA team deserts Cho Oyu.
– Himalaya 2010 wrap-up: Everest sieged from both flanks, Cho Oyu C2, Manaslu C1.
– Himalayan 2010 wrap-up: the season’s soaked kick-off.
– ExWeb special on Everest 2010: The autumn of the solo climbers.
* Related Links :
– Trekking in Nepal Himalaya : GOKYO, KALA PATTAR and EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK (19 days).
– Everest Base Camp – CLASSIC treks. / Version polish and english /
– Trekking in Nepal Himalaya : EVEREST HIGH VALLEY – Travel Guide. /Version english/
* Polish Himalayas – Become a Fan
Exweb Week-In-Review is sponsored by HumanEdgeTech the world’s premier supplier of expedition technology. Our team helps you find ultra light expedition tech that works globally.
e-mail or call +1 212 966 1928
* Read these stories – and more! – at ExplorersWeb.com
Filed under: Equipment, Expedition, gear, Travel | Tagged: gear, General Adventure, Outdoor Retailer, Travel |